Sunday, September 13, 2009

New on the Spence Family--Tomato Basil Grilled Cheese Sandwiches, and Back in the Game

It's tomato season. You know. You wait all summer for the green tomato growths to ripen, and then september hits and all of a sudden all of your tomato plants are ripe all at once. I am always looking for things to do with tomatoes, despite the fact that the kids will eat them sliced with salt and pepper any time of the day. (Tyler says he doesn't want any food half the time, but that tomatoes always make him hungry.) But that gets a little old to me. Yet at the same time, I am not very willing to make something for myself for lunch that involves very much effort. Tyler wants a quesadilla almost every day, and that doesn't always appeal to me. And just how many pb and j's can you eat in a week? Our broiler is broken so I haven't been able to have any open face cheese and tomato sandwiches.

So the other day I came up with these.


and

Well, after we missed the last soccer game, Jack was happier than ever to be back in the game on Saturday. The coach even let him play an extra half an inning because of my screw up last week. Jack (#3 in blue) is seriously fun to watch with his happy skip-runs and arm swings around the field, following the ball when he's on offense--even with some effort to make contact with the ball (but not much in a scuffle), and his turns at defense with the goally, in which he has kicked the ball away from the goal a number of times.

http://fourspences.blogspot.com/


I haven't figured out how to follow a private blog yet. Maybe sometime...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please use "J" and "T" if you feel like including them in a comment. Thanks!