Wednesday, February 17, 2010

New on The Spence Family--Which One?



Since I am probably the last person in the world to read the Twilight series, I am curious about something. From ages ago when Janssen talked about these books/characters on her blog, I've been aware of her absolute favoritism towards Jacob, even though I didn't know who the character was. Since then, I have heard several people speak highly of Jacob vs. Edward. I'm afraid I just don't get it. While reading Eclipse, I thought I might get more fond of him, but no. Even with Eclipse ending the way it did, with Jacob full of pain and Bella kind of torn up about her decisions, I was just relieved that she didn't choose him over Edward. The last book worked for me. It made sense for Jacob to imprint on the daughter. It made sense to me that Bella was still only slightly torn over Jacob until she was immortal; she was over him completely even before discovering about the imprinting. I am glad she got Edward.

Am I the only one who prefers Edward? I wonder.

So if you've read the books, vote for your favorite:

Jacob or Edward,
and if you feel so inclined, say why.

2 comments:

  1. I'm fine with the way it all turned out in the end but I was a total Jacob fan. I wrote about this on my blog at some point, but I felt like Edward and Bella's obsessive crazy love wasn't sustainable while Jacob and Bella would be capable of having a normal life together. You know, the kind of life where they clean the house and buy saran wrap instead of just starting deeply and longingly into each other's eyes. It was just more realistic to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, if you're going to post about THIS, I HAVE to comment.

    J/K

    No preference. Though the movies make me think Edward and Bella deserve each other, and Jacob deserves much better than Bella.

    I'm just sayin'.

    ReplyDelete

Please use "J" and "T" if you feel like including them in a comment. Thanks!