Hi all. After reading this scary story, (which I got from here), I just couldn't in good conscience keep my Spence Family blog public. So, with the sad knowledge that I will lose most of my few readers by doing so, I decided to make make fourspences.blogspot.com a private blog. I know, private blogs are not my favorite either. But, I would rather ask you to make one extra click of your mouse (if you are already logged into Google), or type in your account name and password just one more time, than have any innocent pictures of my sweet little boys on some creapy child-porn site. I am sure you understand. I realize the risk of somebody targeting my photos is minimal, and I never have posted any questionable bum-shots or anything, but if it is happening at all--to normal family-type bloggers--then it is worth protecting the kids from being exposed before it is too late.
So, I have created "M e g, and stuff" instead. From here, I will post a notice when I have a new post available on The Spence Family, and I will post non-familyish related posts here. The main complaint I have about private blogs is not being able to follow them in Google Reader, and therefore not knowing when there is a new post. So you end up trying to remember the website address, typing it in finally, and realizing that there still haven't been any new posts for a month. Then the next time, there are ten new posts you have missed! This method, via a feed from Meg and stuff (I know, lame name, but I gave up trying out available addresses), should take care of that problem. And, most of you are google account holders, so if you are already signed in, it should redirect you when you click on the link I will provide in each post here.
I apologize for any inconvenience (especially to those kind friends who have put me on their sidebars), and ask that you still keep reading or checking my blog. I love reconnecting and making new connections through blogging! Please keep in touch with me!
If I fail to send you an invitation for The Spence Family, please email me at meganspence@gmail.com and I will send you one. Thanks for understanding! (ok, all done with the exclamation marks.)
P.S. I will work on the side bar soon
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Please use "J" and "T" if you feel like including them in a comment. Thanks!