Thursday, August 20, 2009

Sack it?

We survived the first day of school yesterday. It didn't phase J one bit, just me and T. He said they had a 2 hour and 5 year long recess--said it was like the teacher had left the school! (Hope it gets a little more promising!) He told me the tale of his first time in the lunchroom, how a sixth grader was nice enough to open his snack pack, and that other kids get to order their lunch and they could choose chocolate milk!! Please oh please can I order my lunch instead of bringing my lunchbox (brandnew, awesome starwars one, by the way)? I said I would think about it. It would be easier for me, but I did just buy a bunch of fun lunch stuff...

This morning, I had to wake J up and get him going. Breakfast, check. Bathroom, check. Dressed, check. Socks and shoes on, check. Hairbrushed, check. T accounted for, check. T poopy diaper, check. "Ok, we're on time! Let's go!"

"Mom, did you make me a lunch?"

Sigh... "No. Forgot." Finally: lunch, check. "Let's go."

What should I do? Pack a sack lunch? Or go cafeteria style? It always seemed glamorous to me too, but that's cause I was sackin' it. The grass is always greener. What about you? What lunch did you do?

2 comments:

  1. I was WAY too picky of an eater to ever buy lunch. I had a peanut butter sandwich every day for YEARS.

    Most schools give out a lunch calendar that shows what they're serving every day that month. You could sit down every week and pick out one or two days that week for him to buy lunch and just sack it the rest of the time. That's what we did with my brother since meatloaf day was never as appealing as pizza day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always wanted hot lunch, but that only happened on the rare occasions Mom didn't make sack lunches (which were far better, as I only now understand).

    ReplyDelete

Please use "J" and "T" if you feel like including them in a comment. Thanks!