While we were in Baker last month, I saw a woman at the wedding. She was wheelchair bound, being pushed through the maze of tables and chairs by her husband. When they wound by me and the chair Tyler was playing on, I leaned over to pick him up out of their way. I couldn't help but stare at her feet. They were my mother's feet. I looked away and smiled as they passed, then set Tyler back down. I've had no memories of my mother's looks. I once thought I recalled her hands, but that recollection went away as fast as it came. But there, in a woman passing, I saw her again. The similarity wasn't astonishing, one wheelchair bound woman with MS to another, their feet nearly purple and swollen. But it was a wake up call to me, that maybe, just maybe I have more memories of my childhood, and maybe my mother, tucked away in my mind. . .
fourspences.blogspot.com
Wednesday, August 12, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Please use "J" and "T" if you feel like including them in a comment. Thanks!